The Ministers of the Heartland Region recently adopted our strategy for the FINISH Commitment that the Church of God has implemented throughout the world.
FIND church planters and areas to plant a new Life Giving Church. We will accomplish this by establishing a Heartland Regional Task Force on every District.
INVEST financially and educationally to coach, consult, edify and train for evangelism and revitalization.
NETWORK regionally, denominationally and with specific Para–church organizations for effective partnerships.
INTERCEDE locally and regionally by identifying intercessors and establishing local Prayerborne chapters in every local church in the Heartland.
SEND our missionaries, ministry and laity locally and globally to complete the FINISH Commitment.
HARVEST is our end result, therefore, we will Send The Light To The Cities through the Heartland Global Initiative, reaching the harvest of Kansas, Oklahoma, Amsterdam, El Salvador, and Cochabamba, Bolivia.
II.HEARTLAND REGIONAL GOALS
We will challenge ourselves to rise to the FINISH Commitment by setting the following Regional Goals.
1. Because we understand that if we do not plant new churches and revitalize existing churches we will die, we will plant 12 new churches in our region for the ensuing two-year General Assembly period and provide pastoral training and tools vital to local church revitalization.
➢ QUALIFY leadership through the ACTS model forchurch planting / revitalization of Assessment, Coaching, Training and Serving.
3. We will become intentional in our regional meetings to assist pastoral leadership in revitalization. In doing so, we will RESPECT the past, ASSESS our current reality, REVISION for future generations, RETOOL our local leadership and CREATE momentum for sustained growth.
4. We will challenge ourselves to move to AAA status by setting increase goals of 10% in Membership, Tithing, World Missions giving and Harvester giving over the next two-year General Assembly period.
5. We will IDENTIFY spiritual intercessors in our region in order to begin a strategic prayer initiative to combat the spiritual warfare that is holding back church growth in our region.
6. We will establish a Prayerborne chapter in every congregation in the Heartland Region for intensified prayer committed to REVIVAL in every Church of God in the Heartland; REVITALIZATION in every Church of God in the Heartland in need of new vision and new direction; and RESTORATION of the Biblical principles of local church ministry (evangelism, discipleship, fellowship, service, tithe & giving and prayer),Doctrinal fidelity and Practical holiness.
7. We will establish 12 Pastoral Covenant Groups (PCG’s) in the Heartland Region for Connection, Confidentiality and Trust, Accountability and Care.
8. We will provide opportunity for pastors to receive Coaching and Consulting by networking with the Church of God Center for Pastoral Excellence and the Natural Church Development Model.
9. We will provide C.A.R.E. for the Heartland Region by demonstrating:
We will partner with Operation Compassion and Community Service Chaplaincy to provide relief and care for the hurting.
We will affirm our retired ministers and widows by providing care, support and assistance as needs arise.
We will mobilize Men and Women of Action and Disaster Relief Teams from the Heartland Region to respond to crisis as they arise.
We will teach our congregations to FIND a need and meet it; FIND a wound and heal it; FIND a soul and save it; and BATHE it all in the unconditional love of God.
10.As Ambassadors of Reconciliation, we will be intentional about building bridges to the vast multi-cultural harvest placed at the door of the Heartland Region.
David W. Jarvis
Heartland Church of God
As Ambassadors of Reconciliation, we will be intentional about building bridges to the vast multi-cultural harvest that God has placed in the Heartland Region.
- We will continue to demonstrate support and assistance to our Hispanic Coordinator, Bishop Alfonso Arreola.
- We will work to identify Hispanic congregations in our region desiring to become a part of our fellowship and plant new Hispanic congregations in Kansas and Oklahoma.
- We will continue to look for opportunities to reach the Native American harvest in our region.
- We will continue to educate our congregations in the cultural diversities around us and learn to respect the uniqueness while celebrating our common ground.
- We will utilize cultural diversity in regional programs as a sign of unity and harmony.
- We will seek to become peacemakers as Christ has commanded.
Center for Pastoral Excellence (CPE)
Pastoral Covenant Groups (PCG)
Pastoring is more difficult today than ever. The commitment of the people is undependable. The influence of the culture is unmistakable. The pace of ministry is unsustainable. This has caused many pastors to feel isolated and lonely.
- 75% of Church of God pastors feel depressed
- 38% are satisfied with peer relationships
- Only 48% feel loved and cared for
- 68% of pastors have less than seven years tenure
- 88% participate in no personal evaluation
- 75% experienced significant conflict to last two years
Pastors need Connection and Care! How will we address this need?
Step 1: Generating Confidential Conversation
Connect ~ Engage ~ Sharing
Step 2: Creating an Environment of Trust
Trust ~ Encouraging ~ Safety
Step 3: Meeting Personal Pastoral Needs and Goals
Burden Bearing ~ Peer Development ~ Brotherhood
Step 4: Implementing a Consistent Plan of Action
Leadership Development ~ Accountability ~ Personal Growth
Step 5:Maintaining Group Dynamic
Worship ~ Prayer ~ Ministry Sharing / Ideas / Resources
For more information about joining a Pastoral Covenant Group, contact Ken Angel at email@example.com.
Heartland Region Church of God
If we do not plant churches, we will die!
If we do not revitalize churches, we will die!
If we do not evangelize the Heartland, we will die!
If we do not make disciples, we will die!
- To create and resource life-giving partnerships throughout the Heartland Region to FINISH the Great Commission.
- To assist our pastors and leaders to Respect the past, Assess their current reality, Re-vision for the future, Re-tool their congregants and Create momentum for sustained growth.
- To train church planters, pastors and leaders and take those training opportunities past the pulpit and into the pew.
- To utilize media and technology to train, equip, reach, inspire, motivate and evaluate our leaders through webinars and online coaching by trained, competent and proven leaders.
- Church membership and attendance is in decline.
- 80% of Christian Churches in America have plateaued or are in a state of decline.
- Past generations of tithing members are growing older.
- We are losing our sons and daughters.
- Our ministry methods have not kept up with changing trends in culture.
- With each generation, knowledge of our Doctrine and CORE values are decreasing.
- We are forgetting what our business is!
- We will launch a Prayerborne FINISH Initiative in the Heartland Region by identifying our intercessors and enlisting them in a daily covering of spiritual warfare prayer.
- We will create a Heartland Regional FINISH Task Force with an Antioch mindset and passion and empower them to:
IDENTIFY church planters, pastors and congregations desiring to plant life giving churches and/or desire revitalization.
SPECIFY strategic cities and towns ripe for a new church plant in the Heartland.
EDIFY new church planters, pastors and congregations by networking through various Para-church organizations, training events and venues.
QUALIFY leadership through the ACTS model for church planting/revitalization of Assessment, Coaching, Training and Serving.
- We will relaunch our Harvester Mission Program in order to finance the FINISH Commitment in Kansas and Oklahoma through sacrificial giving.
For more information, visit cogcpn.com.
Heartland Region Church of God
Prayerborne Intercessory Alliance
A National Movement of Intercessors who are partnered for the undergirding of prayer as it relates to the ongoing ministries of the church, evangelism and mission with ‘Great Awakening’ Insight.
- Identify Heartland Intercessors (home based and active) for the purpose of establishing intercessory prayer teams in our region.
- Participate in the Virtual Prayer Wall (VPW), a 24/7 nationwide virtual prayer meeting for Church of God congregations.
- To saturate the Heartland Region with prayer evangelism.
- Develop an active prayerborne chapter in every local church in the Heartland Region.
For more information, visit The Church of God United in Prayer at wepray.com.