The Ministers of the Heartland Region recently adopted our strategy for the FINISH Commitment that the Church of God has implemented throughout the world. Our goals in the Heartland are explained in further detail below.
Local Church Assessments and Demographic Studies have been put in motion and should be ready by your deadline in August of 2017.
FIND church planters and areas to plant a new Life Giving Church. We will accomplish this by establishing a Heartland Regional Task Force on every District.
INVEST financially and educationally to coach, consult, edify and train for evangelism and revitalization.
NETWORK regionally, denominationally and with specific Para–church organizations for effective partnerships.
INTERCEDE locally and regionally by identifying intercessors and establishing local Prayerborne chapters in every local church in the Heartland.
SEND our missionaries, ministry and laity locally and globally to complete the FINISH Commitment.
HARVEST is our end result, therefore, we will Send The Light To The Cities through the Heartland Global Initiative, reaching the harvest of Kansas, Oklahoma, Amsterdam, El Salvador, and Cochabamba, Bolivia.
II.HEARTLAND REGIONAL GOALS
We will challenge ourselves to rise to the FINISH Commitment by setting the following Regional Goals.
1. Because we understand that if we do not plant new churches and revitalize existing churches we will die, we will plant 12 new churches in our region for the ensuing two-year General Assembly period and provide pastoral training and tools vital to local church revitalization.
2. We will challenge each district in the Heartland Region to
plant a new life-giving church. We will accomplish this by establishing a Heartland Regional Task Force on every District in the Heartland Region with an Antioch mindset for passionate evangelism. These Task Force members will be empowered to:
➢ IDENTIFY church planters, pastors and congregations desiring to plant life giving churches and /or desire revitalization.
➢ SPECIFY strategic cities and towns ripe for a new church plant in the Heartland Region.
➢ EDIFY new church planters, pastors and congregations by networking with the Administrative Bishop, the Heartland Regional Office and Para-church organizations, training events and venues.
➢ QUALIFY leadership through the ACTS model forchurch planting / revitalization of Assessment, Coaching, Training and Serving.
3. We will become intentional in our regional meetings to assist pastoral leadership in revitalization. In doing so, we will RESPECT the past, ASSESS our current reality, REVISION for future generations, RETOOL our local leadership and CREATE momentum for sustained growth.
4. We will challenge ourselves to move to AAA status by setting increase goals of 10% in Membership, Tithing, World Missions giving and Harvester giving over the next two-year General Assembly period.
5. We will IDENTIFY spiritual intercessors in our region in order to begin a strategic prayer initiative to combat the spiritual warfare that is holding back church growth in our region.
6. We will establish a Prayerborne chapter in every congregation in the Heartland Region for intensified prayer committed to REVIVAL in every Church of God in the Heartland; REVITALIZATION in every Church of God in the Heartland in need of new vision and new direction; and RESTORATION of the Biblical principles of local church ministry (evangelism, discipleship, fellowship, service, tithe & giving and prayer),Doctrinal fidelity and Practical holiness.
7. We will establish 12 Pastoral Covenant Groups (PCG’s) in the Heartland Region for Connection, Confidentiality and Trust, Accountability and Care.
8. We will provide opportunity for pastors to receive Coaching and Consulting by networking with the Church of God Center for Pastoral Excellence and the Natural Church Development Model.
9. We will provide C.A.R.E. for the Heartland Region by demonstrating:
We will partner with Operation Compassion and Community Service Chaplaincy to provide relief and care for the hurting.
We will affirm our retired ministers and widows by providing care, support and assistance as needs arise.
We will mobilize Men and Women of Action and Disaster Relief Teams from the Heartland Region to respond to crisis as they arise.
We will teach our congregations to FIND a need and meet it; FIND a wound and heal it; FIND a soul and save it; and BATHE it all in the unconditional love of God.
10.As Ambassadors of Reconciliation, we will be intentional about building bridges to the vast multi-cultural harvest placed at the door of the Heartland Region.
➢ We will continue to demonstrate support and assistance to our Hispanic Coordinator, Al Arreola.
➢ We will work to identify Hispanic congregations in our region desiring to partner with the Church of God.
➢ We will implement the Hispanic harvest in our church planting efforts.
➢ We will continue to look for ways to make inroads into the Native American communities of the Heartland Region.
➢ We will educate our congregations on the cultural diversities around us and respect the uniqueness while celebrating our common ground.
➢ We will utilize cultural diversity in regional programs as a sign of unity and harmony.
➢ We will seek to become peacemakers as Christ has commanded.